Workplace air monitoring
Carry out workplace air monitoring to identify employee personal exposure in their breathing area and behind their respiratory protective equipment, as well as background levels of hazardous dusts, fumes, vapours and gases to help ensure worker health protection.
We provide comprehensive workplace air hygiene monitoring for customers throughout the UK, using HSE and British Standards recommended sampling methods. More information.
Breathing in certain dusts, gases, fumes and vapours in the workplace can cause serious long term lung damage and death. The working environment must be properly controlled with workplace air monitoring to keep workers, and other people exposed, safe.
Peritus Health Management’s occupational hygienists provide the science behind minimising the risk of ill health due to workplace exposure.
Our Occupational Hygienist will contact you to discuss your needs, understand your processes and ensure that all key substances you use are monitored. They will then develop a programme for air hygiene monitoring prior to the session.
- Both static and personal dose air sample measurements will be taken as appropriate
- Occupational Hygienist stays on site observing employees and carrying out air hygiene monitoring – this is an essential part to identify your action plan to reduce exposure
- Air hygiene testing – Observe other sources of contamination your employees may be exposed to – exposure through absorption, ingestion and injection
- Provide primary advice on Local Exhaust Ventilation (LEV) and share good practice with you from related industries
- The workplace air samples are sent to UKAS accredited laboratory for testing
- A report is provided and includes the actual air monitoring results, observations, recommendations and your action plan
- Our occupational hygienist will contact you to discuss the contents of the report to ensure that you understand the contents, are satisfied with the outcome and know ‘what’s next’.
- Peritus Health Management can also provide a comprehensive health surveillance programme linked to the report findings if required.
Conducting workplace air monitoring
Your air monitoring survey results tell you if you have a problem, what the extent of the problem is and whether health surveillance, biological monitoring or lung function testing (spirometry) is required.
Peritus Health Management doesn’t just leave you with your results but works with you creating an action plan to help reduce your air exposure levels and risks.